The working Environment.

4 years 3 months ago #9083 by susanjane
this is unaceptable behaviour , very poor communication and no help at all to team work.
speak to team manager immediately and see if they can help .
the person with rude/poor communication is the one who needs help with this. they may not be your best friend after this , but at least they know you not accept intimidation and bullying , which this is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: evansniccii

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #9075 by unflappable
I personally would say 'be nice to me it's only my second day!' I've had dentists roughly tell me 'you are a very experienced dental nurse you should know what you are doing!' I respond ' every place does things differently and every place insists their way is the right way of doing things!' Very difficult to convey to a person you want them to communicate kindly if they can't hear their own rudeness.

I would do my own research to see if what this person says is correct. If any of it is not, write back to her addressing each point.

Rank is irrelevant. If any colleague gives information I was unaware of I thank them. I have learned soooo much from other dental nurses. Bad manners difficult to work with but better than information blackout. And keep being polite back.

This gig keeps getting tougher. As more and more keeps getting added to the nurse 'todo list' without any extra time allocated the good old days when everybody did their work and had a laugh are fading into the distance.

This nurse is probably seriously stressed. Make sure she knows you are her friend, not her enemy and are willing to pull your weight.

Either that or she's just a really horrible person. Too soon to tell!! Good luck!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: evansniccii

4 years 4 months ago #9069 by evansniccii
Ok, so I have been a Dental Nurse for many a year - Secondary nursing in a hospital theatre.

I have left the line of work and come back intermittently. But at the moment I am experiencing something new. A list of rants from a team member of equal qualification to myself, if the form of a heated, rather wound up and to be frank, quite aggressive note left in the surgery, which was non-addressed by name... which is just darn right rude. (admittedly that is my own opinion) just on my second day back...

Never have I ever seen anyone take this kind of approach in addressing what they see to be a problem ... without prior explanation and clarity equipping a colleague with prior knowledge and information enlightening them of the things that may or may not have changed in regard to the general, whys, whens and hows.

Has anyone else ever been subjected to this?
I feel quite perplexed, astonished and uninspired by this unwelcomed approach.

Moderators: DNN

Dental management level 3

nebdn level 4 fluoride varnish application

DNN diploma banner

BrightBites Sponsor Box New